This is the way the therapist works as the primary task to help patients with brain damage in terms of technology and strategies for rebuilding the most important motion functions. For example, walking, upper limb movements, daily functions, etc. For patients with cerebral stroke, cranio-cerebral traumas, and other CNS diseases. Rehabilitation is long lasting and requires the involvement of both the therapist and the patient. Techniques used by the therapist are based on the most effective elements selected from varius therapeutic methods. The most important feature of the therapy is its individual adaptation to the physical and mental needs of the patient. Patient is forced to maximum self-sufficiency at any time of therapy without too much involvement of third parties.
This concept is intended for patients with CNS damage, including stroke patients, brainstem fractures, cranio-cerebral traumas or multipdle sclerosis. Bobath Concept in the study and therapy of patients with CNS disorders, solving problems and disorders of movement function and tonus muscles. The concept places particular emphasis on the normalization of muscle tension and the building of central stability – responsible for the correct posture and movement pattern. The improvement process includes both acute and chronic phase. The therapist analyzes the 24-hour model of treatment with the patient (in close collaboration with the caregiver, the patient’s family), provides guidance on the care and organization of the patient’s life. Bobath therapy for adults is a therapeutic concept of task-oriented work. This type of approach to therapy is based partly on current knowledge of motion control, motion learning, and plasticity (reorganization) of the nervous and muscular systems. It is also partly based on the experience of clinicians taking into account both the needs and expectations of patients.
This is a therapeutic method that involves gluing different parts of the body, depending on the disfunction and the desired therapeutic target, with properties similar to the skin properties.
Effects of kinesiology taping:
- facilitation of muscle function,
- supporting joint functions
- improvement of microcirculation,
- activation of the lymphatic system,
- improved proprioception.
The spider web creates a set of elastic straps of varying elasticity that connects the points in the space with the clasps placed at the right places on the patient’s body. It creates a spider web that is individually tailored to each patient. Flexible tendons can correct posture defects. This device is used in the process of improving the various diseases of the motion organs and the deficits of the motion organs resulting from the damage of the central nervous system.
- cerebral palsy,
- post-traumatic states
- neuromuscular disease,
- disfunctions of the motion organ.
- positioning of the patient
- normalization of muscle tone,
- learning position changes
- studying of proper lower limb load,
- stimulating the sense of balance,
- learning to walk,
- limiting pathology and triggering proper walking patterns.
The basic assumption of functional rehabilitation is patient orientation, which means that it is tailored to the patient’s condition, emphasizes the problem of the individual. It is modeled on the natural movements of human, it is painless. The therapy is intended to restore a disturbed or lost function, to the extent that body organs allow it. The basic methods used for the treatment include: PNF, NDT-Bobath, Vojta, Kinetic Control and many others.
FITS method was started up in 2004, for needs of children with postural defects, scoliosis and Scheuermann disease
Key aspects of the FITS method:
- individual approach to the patient,
- the psychological aspect, that is, making the child and parents aware of the disfunctions associated with scoliosis,
- examination of passive and active correctional activities,
- Removal of muscle-traumatic barriers restricting the movement of correction,
- learning derotatory breath in functional positions,
- building and stabilizing new corrective patterns,
- science of autocorrelation in functional positions and activities of everyday life,
- Primary arch correction by adding functional compensation with simultaneous stabilization or correction of the secondary arch. Functional compensation refers to soft tissues, which are not structural, ie that clinically – the trunk rotation above or below the primary arch (not greater than 4-5 degrees) is present on the concave side of the primary scoliosis, and the x-ray image will not be seen in the secondary arch.
General aims of therapy are eg scoliosis stabilization in children with generalized connective tissue or reduction of the angle of curvature in non-aggressive scoliosis or with curvature of up to 30 ° in children with normal muscle tension. Another general goal may be to improve the clinical condition of a patient with a large scoliosis, whose parents do not agree to certain reasons for surgery. The general aim is to increase the flexibility of the scoliosis for better correction during surgery or to correct the pelvic and shoulder girdle and to adjust the head and neck, improve the respiratory function, overall efficiency and efficiency of the patient after surgery.
Neurodevelopmental therapy (NDT) and its development in the form of NDT-Bobath Baby is an advanced, internationally recognized physiotherapy method with proven success in treatment. NDT therapy is designed for people who have difficulty controlling the movement because of central nervous system damage. The NDT concept draws on new theories and achievements in neuroscience, neurophysiology, orthopedics, biomechanics and others. Physiotherapists working with patients with neurological disorders use therapy individually tailored for them. It is designed to help a person become independent in everyday life as much as possible.
- children with cerebral palsy,
- children with psychomotor delay
- children with perinatal parenchymal injury,
- children with neck bones,
- children with congenital malformations (hernia, arthrosis, achondroplasia, etc.)
- children with genetic syndromes (Down syndrome, Lowe’s syndrome, etc.)
- children with muscular atrophy,
- children with posture defects
- children with sensory integration disorders,
- children with epilepsy.
NDT- BOBATH BABY is the world’s leading method of improving the motion of premature babies and babies. It is also aimed at parents who want to learn how to take care of a child (lift, wear, put off, scroll, feed) to develop properly and in the future avoid posture defects.
- premature babies and high risk infants, at risk of developing cerebral palsy,
- premature babies and infants with abnormalities of breastfeeding, suction and swallowing,
- premature babies and infants with postural tension disorder,
- premature babies and infants with postural asymmetry,
- premature babies and delinquent babies,
- premature babies and infants with congenital foot defects
- premature babies and infants with neck torticollis,
- premature infants and infants with perinatal weaning injury,
- premature babies and infants with congenital malformations (hernia, arthrosis, achondroplasia, etc.)
- premature babies and infants with genetic syndromes (Down syndrome, Lowe’s syndrome, etc.)
- premature babies and infants with epilepsy.
NDT is designed for both mild and severe injuries. Currently, NDT is used in pediatric patients for all patients presenting abnormalities in motion and posture. Non-invasive character of the concept allows to use it from the first days of child’s life. It is addresed to your child if :
- is premature or born by Caesarean section and is very tearful, sensitive to movement and change of position, has difficulty sucking,
- is written in the letter “C”,
- constantly tilting head to one side,
- excessively tilts the head backwards,
- ripples, his legs tremble,
- reluctantly lies on the tummy,
- strongly clenches fists.
NDT- BOBATH BABY to wiodąca na świecie metoda usprawniania ruchowego wcześniaków i niemowląt. Kierowana jest również do rodziców, którzy chcą się nauczyć jak należy pielęgnować dziecko ( podnosić, nosić, odkładać, przewijać, karmić), aby rozwijało się prawidłowo a w przyszłości uniknęło wad postawy.
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z grupy wysokiego ryzyka, zagrożone rozwojem mózgowego porażenia dziecięcego,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z zaburzeniami karmienia piersią, ssania i połykania,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z zaburzeniami napięcia posturalnego,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z asymetrią posturalną,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z opóźnieniem psychoruchowym,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z wrodzonymi wadami stóp,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z kręczem szyi,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z okołoporodowym uszkodzeniem splotu barkowego,
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z wadami wrodzonymi ( przepuklina oponowo-rdzeniowa, artrogrypoza, achondroplazja itp.),
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z zespołami genetycznymi ( zespół Downa, zespół Lowe`a itp.),
- wcześniaki i niemowlęta z epilepsją.
NDT przeznaczone jest zarówno dla pacjentów z lekkimi, jak i ciężkimi uszkodzeniami. Aktualnie NDT stosowane jest w pediatrii dla wszystkich pacjentów prezentujących zaburzenia w ruchu i postawie. Nieinwazyjny charakter koncepcji pozwala na stosowanie jej od pierwszych dni życia dziecka.
Terapia NDT- BOBATH BABY adresowana jest do Twojego dziecka, jeśli:
- jest wcześniakiem bądź urodziło się przez cesarskie cięcie i jest bardzo płaczliwe, wrażliwe na ruch i zmianę pozycji, ma problemy ze ssaniem,
- układa się w literkę „C”,
- stale przechyla główkę na jedną stronę ,
- nadmiernie odchyla główkę do tyłu,
- pręży się, drżą mu kończyny,
- niechętnie leży na brzuszku,
- silnie zaciska piąstki.
TheraSuit is a soft proprioceptive, dynamic orthosis. It is a safe and effective rehabilitation device that was created with an intensive exercise program to accelerate the progression of the child.
The effect of using the therasuit rehabilitation:
- Improves proprioception
- Reduces pathological reflexes
- Restores correct posture and motion pattern
- It provides external stabilization of the body and supports weaked muscles
- Corrects body alignment
- Influences the fictional system (balance system)
- It stimulates the brain and improves the work of the Central Nervous System
- It stimulates tactile and sensory stimulation
- Improves speech and speech fluency
- It loads the child’s body with forces similar to the forces of gravity
- Children’s cerebral palsy
- Cerebral strokes
- Delays in movement development
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal-tire hernia
- Diseases of the neuromuscular system
Effect of intense therapy:
- Reduction of pathological movement patterns
- Increased strength and endurance
- Increased muscle control
- Correcting balance and coordination
- Increased independence in walking, sitting, quadrupling
Ugul is a Universal Rehabilitation Therapy Cabinet. It uses complete suspension, active exercises in unloading, and active with resistance as well as using the pulley system. The cab is particularly suitable for the treatment of orthopedic, rheumatological and neurological diseases.
Indications for Ugulu excersise:
- limitation of motion in joints,
- paralysis and muscle weakness (flaccid, spastic)
- muscular dystrophy,
- muscle weakness,
- states after immobilization,
- degenerative joints,
- pain syndromes within the movement apparatus.
- prevention of muscular atrophy
- preventing contracture,
- treatment of existing deformations,
- increased muscle strength, and joint mobility.
The method of reflexive locomotion according to Vaclav Vojta – created by Czech neurologist – Vaclav Vojta. Initially the concept of rehabilitation of young people with MPD (cerebral palsy), over time, was recognized mainly in the therapy of infants and children. In recent years increasingly used in the rehabilitation of adults. The main assumption of the method is the existence of innate coordination complexes, the same in every human being. In the various neurological and other conditions, both innate and acquired, the components of these complexes, and sometimes all the complexes, may be disturbed, manifested by a lack of or pathological motion patterns. The goal of Vojta therapy is to limit abnormal motions reactions and to find and release correct coordination complexes. For this purpose the patient is placed in certain positions and by pressing the so-called. The zones try to trigger the correct locomotive patterns. The responses are global (including the whole body) and independent of the patient’s will. The reactions include both the motion and the vegetative system. The indications for using Vojta therapy are very broad and include such conditions as cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, cranio-cerebral traumas, stroke, but also other neurological, orthopedic and any medical condition manifesting in a clinical altered motor pattern. Contraindications are among others. inflammatory conditions, as well as general contraindications for rehabilitation.
MASSAGE OF CHINESE BATH FOR MEDICAL AND SURFACE TREATMENT. Bubbles reduce muscle tension, which results in, for example, spinal pain, as well as nerve palsies and gradual formation of the whole body.
- muscular disorders
- problems with joints
- pains of various origin (including migraine and neuralgia)
- pulmonary disorders
- problems with blood supply
- cellulite removal
- fat reduction
- reduced visibility of stretch marks
- body shaping
HOT STONE MASSAGE is a deep-cleansing and relaxing massage. Relaxing massage with heated stones is primarily based on touch and warmth. Additional benefits of hot stone massage include stimulation of circulation, reduction of muscle and emotional tension, improvement of skin nourishment and oxygenation, increased depth of breath and anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
HOT STONE MASAGE is a physical treatment method of external and internal disease symptoms and in most cases also the causes.It is based on mechanical teasing of tissues, which has direct and indirect influence on the body. It is used to mitigate the stiffness, tension and muscle pain, headaches for general relaxation and overcoming stress. Therapeutic massage can be also used to decrease ailments connected with leg cramps. It is usually based on muscle relaxation and relieving mental tension and this brings relief and the feeling of relaxation. This type of massage increases blood flow to the massaged area, which speeds up the healing process.
BUTTERFLY MASSAGE Relaxing massage of the entire body, which involves a gentle touch of the entire body. The name of the treatment suggests butterfly wings brush and highlights the subtle touch that should be applied during the massage. Its main purpose is to integrate the whole body as well as release from muscle tension. Massage can be performed through clothes. It is intended for people of all ages (from infancy to old age) and is recommended for pregnant women. Due to the delicate stimulation the massage can be performed without quantitative restrictions.
It can be used in hyperalgesia, sensory disorders, excessive stress, traumas.
SEGMENTARY MASSAGE aims at locating reflexes in the tissues and maximum points that may be present in these tissues, and then by applying special techniques to remove lesions and inducing beneficial reactions.
- functional and chronic diseases of internal organs,
- disturbance of the vegetative nervous system;
- Post-traumatic states (sprains, sprains, fractures)
- disfunction in endocrine glands,
- circulatory disorders,
- functional, degenerative and chronic diarrheal diseases of the spine, joints and soft tissues.
Shantal massage is an ancient technique of infant and child massage, introduced into the European ground by the French obstetrician Frederique Leboyer.
Regular massage has a positive effect on the baby as well as on the mother or another person performing the massage. This type of massage can be performed with ease, its technique is relatively simple to learn.
Regular daily massages or at least 3-4 times a week provide the following benefits:
For baby or child:
- helps to regulate sleep (baby sleeps longer, deeper, calmer)
- improves digestion, regulates constipation, soothes the colic,
- pacifies and calms down
- raises awareness of one’s own body, its limits; This increases the sense of security,
- improves, ties with the parent,
- increases immunity of the body, stimulates the hormonal system.
For parants or adults doing massages
- improves self-confidence, faith in your child’s cognitive ability,
- calms down,
- relieves or prevents postpartum depression in mothers,
- enhances and improves the relationship with the child,
- helps to understand the child, what it tells and what needs.
Contraindications for massage
- less than a week after vaccination,
- during illness
- with skin diseases
- particular caution must be observed in children with asthma, epilepsy.
Sports massage is an indispensable part of any athlete’s workout that has much to do with classic massage, except that it is performed with greater strength and energy.
Sports massage is an inherent part of wellness that is used in professional training programs.
It helps to prevent injuries, removes the effects of overtraining, warms up and relaxes the muscles and prevents leyes from exercising.
Full body massage of an athlete is like an isomeric massage aimed at restoring muscle mass and restoring muscles before injury.
Supportive sports massage (supportive massage):
- is used during the transition period, ie at the beginning of the season or after, and during a break in regular sports activities. Then the athlete stops training or significantly reduces the load.
- The purpose of this massage is to maintain the body in full physical fitness.
- Mostly, total or partial massage is performed on a daily basis to activate the circulatory, and nervous systems.
If the massage is performed before noon, it should be performed calmly, gently, at a slow pace. Evening massage can be longer and more intense.
This type of massage should be combined with other physiotherapeutic treatments included in the wellness.
TENSEGRATION MASSAGE is based on structural relationships between muscles, fascias and ligaments. It is based on palpation of tissue pressure sensation, localization of tissues in which increased resting tension and the use of massage techniques to restore normal tension.
- Osteoarthritis of the spine
- sciatica and shoulder
- scoliosis and posture defects
- neck quill
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- paralysis, paralysis and stroke
- rheumatic diseases
- muscular dystrophy
Reflexotherapy is a method of healing foot and hand massage, which stimulates specific points and reflex zones corresponding to individual organs and systems on the human body. Reflexology treats man as a whole, embracing body, mind and spirit. The compression therapy of the refractive points causes physiological reactions that stimulate the potential of self-healing. The purpose of a massage is to influence the patient so that he can recover his physiological balance and health.
EEG Biofeedback is a safe and effective therapeutic method which primary purpose is to improve the function of the brain. Recent research shows that by using Biofeedback, we can improve our brain functioning by 60 to 90% depending on severity, neuroscience, patient activity, and age. In therapy, brain waves are used to record bioelectric brain activity of different frequencies and amplitudes. Saving brain waves determines us the correctness or pathology. Biofeedback is a form of neurorehabilitation that combines the elements of psycho and neurophysiotherapy. Using computer hardware with two monitors and an encoder for recording brain waves, you can visualize and modulate your brain’s bioelectric activity. For this purpose, biological feedback is used between the mental state and the neurophysiological function of the trainee’s brain. The patient himself can consciously manage his brainwave activity. Training has a very nice form of animation, computer game or movie. After successful training, the positive effects of therpy can last up to 10 years.
WHAT IS SENSORY INTERGRATION ABOUT?
This therapy is based on developing proper reception and analysis of the stimuli delivered from the environment through the external senses (sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell) and flowing from one’s own body through internal senses (balance and deep feeling). It is very attractive for a child because it is in the form of a funny game. During this game, the child is given the stimulus most in need of his nervous system. This therapy, called “scientific fun”, is adapted to the developmental level of the child. The child will be encouraged and directed to perform activities that will trigger and provoke appropriate, effective reactions to the sensory stimulus. During the session, appropriate activities for the child will be provided for a trial, proprioceptive and tactile stimulation. The lelev of difficulty of these activities will gradually increase in order to require a more organized and advanced response from the child. Classes are conducted using a variety of instruments and therapeutic aids, such as swings, platforms, skateboards. By interacting with another group of senses we use, for example, sensory help, hearing aid, olfactory and visual stimuli.
The term sensory integration determines the proper organization of the sensory impressions (stimuli) flowing through the receptors. This means that the brain, receiving information from all senses (sight, hearing, balance, touch, motion-kinesthesia), recognizes them, segregates and interprets, and integrates them into previous experiences. On this basis, the brain creates an adaptive response to the situation. This is an adequate and effective response to the environment.
Underdevelopment of specific skills in subsequent stages of development causes difficulties in the functioning and behavior of the child. The most important sensory systems are vestibular, proprioceptive and tactile systems. They begin to work very early, even in the prenatal period and most intensively go through the end of the preschool age. Their proper functioning affects the work of other senses, contributes to the development of muscle tone, coordination, equivalent reactions, eye movements, body awareness.
The purpose of SI therapy is to improve the synaptic connections of the central nervous system of the child, ie improve the quality of transmission and organization of information received by various senses (atrial – responsible for balance and registration of body motion, proprioception – body feeling, touch).
The main aim of sensory integration therapy is to provide the child with his or her motor activity, which is controlled by the therapist by the amount of sensory stimuli, resulting in improved integration of the stimuli reaching the child from the environment as well as his body.
SI THERAPY IS USED WHILE WORKING WITH CHILDERN
- with delays in psychomotor development
- with learning disabilities (dyslexia, dysgraphia, poor concentration of attention)
- with intellectual disability
- with motor disability
- with autism
- with ADHD
- with Down syndrome, Asperger, Ret, Turner
- with MPD
SYMPTOMS OF DISEASES OF SENSORY INTEGRATION:
- excessive or too low sensitivity to tactile, visual, auditory stimuli
- anxiety, trouble sleeping
- bad tolerance for doing baby care and hygienic activities such as: cutting hair, fingernails, washing the face, teeth, cream lubrication, combing, cleaning of the nose, ears,
- problems with self-cleaning, dressing, especially buttons and lacing of shoes,
- poor balance: when a child stumbles and falls more often than his peers, he almost always has a bruise or scratch,
- the child cannot sit still in one place,
- poor concentration, the child easily dissipates,
- impulsivity, emotional hypersensitivity
- when a child inadvertently enters or falls into furniture, walls, other children,
- when a child loves movement, he searches for him, strives for him. He is constantly moving – he jumps, jumps, often changes position of the body
- when a child in a new place feels lost, it takes time to gain an orientation in the environment,
- withdrawal from social contacts
- confusion of the right-left, within the body and in the surrounding space,
- reading and writing difficulties, difficulty in transcribing, redrawing from the board
Microplatization is a procedure that involves stimulating cortical function with a low intensity of DC current. The purpose of stimulation is to stimulate the activities of certain areas of the cerebral cortex, which are responsible for, eg for motion functions, speech. The procedure is safe, non-invasive and painless, the only side effect observed so far is itching at the point of application of the electrodes. The best effect is when micro-polarization is combined with neurorehabilitation and biofeedback.
Two electrodes are used to perform the cathode and the anode through which the current flows in low intensity and constant direction. The cathode is the reducing electrode, and the anode increases the activity of the cerebral cortex. This fact applies to one-sided brain damage, for example in a stroke or injury where the low activity of the damaged hemisphere is not due solely to the fact of structural damage but also to the inhibition by the hyperactive undammed hemisphere. Therefore, to restore equilibrium the anodic stimulation is applied on the damaged cathode on the undamaged hemisphere.
Transcranial stimulation can also be used selectively on motor, somatosensory, visual or prefrontal cortex, affecting perceptual, cognitive and motor functions.
- Stroke of the brain
- cranio-cerebral injury with neurological deficit
- chronic pain
- drug-resistant epilepsy
- Foreign bodies, metal clips, implants
- Epilepsy – Relative contraindication
Activities that promote psychomotor development and focus on improving coordination, memory and concentration.
Language teaching elements are used in the classes. In addition, some elements of P. Dennison’s educational kinesiology are used, and in children with special programs M. Ch. Knill and selected exercises from the W. Sherborne method.
Pedagogical therapy is the influence of psychological and pedagogical means on the causes of learning difficulties. The purpose of such an impact is to eliminate failures. In addition, the therapy focuses on the consequences of these failures, among others. low self-esteem, aversion to learning, attention-deficit disorder, neurosis, etc.
Therapeutic methods are individually selected for the difficulties encountered by the child.
Psychological classes are individual meetings and are tailored to the individual needs of patients. Therapy is intended to help development, acquire new skills and eliminate negative and unwanted behaviors.
The purpose of psychological therapy is:
- stimulating intellectual functions,
- concentration exercises
- developing the emotional and social sphere,
- work on the cognitive development of patients, ie memory, attention, speech and thinking,
- relaxation classes that allow you to relax and calm down,
- visual perception development programs, graphomotor exercises,
- developing mechanisms of imitation and cooperation,
- developing the orientation in the body diagram and in the space,
- working with parents or carers.
The World Experience Hall, in a general sense, is a specially isolated room equipped with a variety of sensory stimulation devices. The main purpose of organizing such rooms is to create opportunities for receiving new stimulies, enriching experiences and having a good time in the atmosphere of relaxation and full acceptance by people with multiple disabilities. Therapy in the World Experience Room is individually tailored to the needs of the child. In such a room, the child has the freedom to choose the stimuli he or she needs the most. Learning takes place through the senses, thanks to which information supplied to the nervous system is very positive for memory, concentration, learning and, above all, the desire to engage in activities.
Classes in the world experience room are addressed to people of all kinds
- disabilities and deficits:
- mental retardation,
- cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome,
- mental illness,
- speech disorders on the neurosis background,
- people with dementia.
Therapeutic goals implemented in the room:
- the room is a varied, attractive form of spending free time, is a place of rest and relaxation
- it motivates to engage the participants, increases their activity and the desire to learn,
- increases the ability to receive a variety of sensory stimuli, thereby increasing sensitivity and developing sensory integration and cognitive processes,
- it brings satisfaction and security, facilitates anxiety, increases the desire to make contact
BASIC STIMULATION in accordance with A. Fröhlich was born in Germany in the 70’s in the Special Care Center (Landstuhl). This is primarily a concept of rehabilitation and support for children, adolescents and adults with severe mental retardation, that is to a large extent dependent on the family and people who work with them. People with severe disabilities communicate with people and the environment primarily through their own bodies and need special educational offers that take into account their biographical aspects, their real and special needs and their communication capabilities. This pedagogical proposal is intended primarily to stimulate the maximum development of a person with a deep impairment, proposing numerous environmental stimuli and multi-sensory experiences that facilitate the development of consciousness of one’s own existence. Persons with severe impairment are very limited and focused primarily on close physical contact, which gives them (in a minimal way) the opportunity to know him or her. Stimulation basics – The article moves your own (even minimal) moves, thus enhancing its meaning and purpose. Through personal activity and appropriately chosen stimuli, it helps a person with a deep impairment to come in contact with his own body and the outside world. Through your body and its contact with the environment, it is easy to make the process of constant change between yourself and the world. In addition, BASIC STIMULATION deals with the creation of an appropriate, harmonious environment that helps the person perceive himself as an active person, even if it is an activity (according to our standards) minimal. BASIC STIMULATION is at the same time a pedagogical practical concept and allows – after completing courses – educational intervention in a short time. It is intended for the following professionals: pedagogues, educators, speech therapists, physiotherapists etc. The courses are conducted throughout Europe. The concept has nearly 40 years of proven practice in everyday life and therapy in children, adolescents, adults and the elderly with severe mental retardation. (www.srnis.pl)
The method of working with the body created and developed by Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais is based on manual individual work and exercise. It is embeded in the movement as the most important element for self-education, improving the overall functioning, improving and broadening the self-image, and fully realizing one’s own potential. Exercises involve performing slow movements – gently, with pleasure, with a sharpened awareness of the developmental process going on here and now. A trainee learns to correct ineffective and erroneous movements, paying attention to information coming from within – physical and mental. In this way, it experiences the fundamental unity of body and mind in the action of the central nervous system. Feldenkrais exercises gradually eliminate harmful actions and unnecessary movements, and everything that blocks or interferes with movement. Ron Kurtz, Dr Hector Prestera) !!!!!
Diagnosis and treatment of soft tissues
Therapy combines a number of approaches for the diagnosis and treatment of soft tissues and the various therapeutic aspects of various therapies, allowing a holistic approach to soft tissue disfunction. In addition, as a vital element of therapeutic success, the issue of patients’ autotherapy is also discussed. (www.klinikaosteopatii.pl)
Functional rehabilitation of patients after focal brain damage.
This method is intended to assist patients with brain damage in terms of techniques and strategies for rebuilding the most important motor functions (gait, upper limb movements, daily functions).
Used in patients suffering from cerebral stroke, cranio-cerebral traumas and other CNS diseases
Sight is one of the senses used largely by man.
Classes are for people of all ages who have vision problems due to various reasons.
Aim of the classes:
- improved visual quality,
- developing basic visual skills related to controlling eye movements (fixation, localization of stimuli, convergence, tracking, vision, search, convergence, accomodation)
- teaching the patient to control the eye,
- improvement of binocular vision,
- visual-motion coordination
- visual memory
- increased concentration of attention.
- Classes are held in a darkened room where there is a better perception response.
A large group of children with cerebral palsy have different degrees of speech impairment due to damage to the centers and nerves. They cause disorders of control and coordination of muscle activities involved in the process of speech, self-eating, drinking, etc.
Therefore, there is the need for very early, systematic and intensive stimulation of speech development, because only such a chance gives it the activation and correctness.
VocaSTIM is an innovative device for modern speech disorder therapy, very effective in cases of speech folds and dysphagia. Compared with classic therapy, VocaSTIM allows more than 50% faster recovery of the patient to the efficiency.
VocaSTIM is based on the combination of electrostimulation precisely targeted to the set of training exercises. VocaSTIM allows for neuromuscular phoniatric and articular therapy and diagnostics of muscle damage. The ready-made description system makes it a universal work tool for people who help patients with speech and swallowing disorders resulting from injuries and neck procedures. The procedure is painless for the patient and takes about 30 minutes.
Contraidications for stimulating current therapies are:
- highly inflammatory diseases with fever in course,
- electronic cardiac pacemakers or other implanted pacemakers,
- malignant neoplasms
- skin lesions in the area of the treatment,
- implants containing metal parts in the treatment area.
International research and scholarly publications (Prof. Martin Ptok, Prof. Johann Pahn) have so far confirmed that VocaSTIM is the right response to the need to accelerate patient improvement.
Occupational therapy is an excellent form of rehabilitation for children and adults who, through their methods of action, support the healing process.
These classes include:
- learning or improving self-service,
- exploring new techniques of artistic work, which influences visual-motion coordination, shapes the imagination and supports the exercise of small
- fun and education.
Aim of the therapy:
- restoration or learning of self-help activities
- muscle relaxation and mental concentration,
- reducing the tension of depressive states, anxiety,
- increase your self esteem and increase your interest.
The activities are taken out individualy
Chiropractic, literally translated as “hand made”, is still associated with powerful techniques that cause bone crunching and tendon slamming. This hard and energetic style of work to the satisfaction of the sick and the therapists is slowly disappearing, as it turns out that the more gentle the manual work technique on the moving apparatus the more effective way of our work.
McTimoney-Corley’s chiropractic is a holistic manual therapy. McTimoney-Corley’s chiropractic approach affects the whole organ of motion. Its purpose is to enable the body to restore good health through gentle mobilization of the skull, spine, pelvis, chest and upper and lower limbs, and consequently to ensure proper functioning of the motor, nervous and internal systems that control the natural ability of the human body to heal itself. Keep in mind that subluxation of the vertebral column causes an avalanche of compensatory processes, the normalization or removal of which is a chiropractic competence. In addition, an imbalance in the spine causes irritation of the nerve roots that pass through the intervertebral canals. Irritation of these roots disrupts normal function of the nerve and affects human health. It is important, therefore, for the optimal health status, to balance the motion of the organ so that there is no harm to the health of the nervous system.
McTimoney-Corley uses only soft manual mobilization to improve and balance the movement. It is very gentle, safe and relaxing for the patient.
The result of McTimoney-Corley chiropractic surgery is the reduction or reversal of ailments caused by imbalances and improved patient well-being. McTimoney-Corley’s chiropractic is not only used to relieve the pain of the locomotive organs, but takes a special place in the prevention of the health of its holistic, holistic character. McTimoney-Corley’s chiropractic delicacy, due to its delicacy and the use of soft-touch technology alone, is especially appreciated by children and the elderly.
Due to its nature, this chiropractic does not cause any neurological complications!
Indications and application
- mental tension,
In children with cerebral palsy chiropractic treatment lowers muscle tension, making it easier for them to move.
Contraindications for therapy are:
Pregnancy in the first trimester (relative contraindication) – some mobilization undergo modifications
- advanced pregnancy,
- fresh bone fractures,
- rheumatoid arthritis in acute period,
- bilateral Lasequa symptom,
- Hernias of the atherosclerotic nucleus with significant pressure on the nerve root
- intracranial haemorrhage,
- shortness of breath,
- very high blood pressure,
- very high fever,
symptoms of gastrointestinal obstruction,mental disorders.Chiropractic can be used for spinal disorders but not only for:
- feet, ankles, knees, hands, legs, shoulders, head, neck and cross,
- radiating pain,
- sciatic neuralgia,
- stresses and twists,
- cervical vertebrae damage
- noise in the ears,
- sports injuries,
- shoulder pain syndrome,
- pain in the chest,
- cervical spine,
- functional disorders of internal organs,
By menas of cranio-sacral therapy we can awake or recall dormant selftreatment mechanisms. Our body even when we are illl carries a memory of health and proper functioning inside. The therapy assumes that under the influence of numerous factors: injuries, stress, traumatic experiences in our body energetic cysts are created which block its proper functioning. The human body is a system, where everything is connected and the cranio-sacral system constitutes an axle of this system. The cerebrospinal fluid compasses the brain and pulses in a specific way causing movement which is transferred further to bones. These are minimal vibrations of the skull at the stitches of a brain, where the whole system is open and in te moment of fluid pulsation the bones move in a proper way.
Hippotherapy is one of the methods of rehabilitation based on neurophysiology conducted with the participation of a horse.
Effect of horse movement on the human organism:
- The correct pattern of movement while riding a horse the pelvis and the shoulder rim behaves as in normal walking, so that in the central nervous system the proper movement pattern is encoded,
- The equilibrium of the patient on the horse’s back is that in all phases of his movement his shaky center of gravity is above the center of gravity of the horse. In one minute of walking, the horse carries about 110 multi-dimensional swing pulses on the person sitting on it. This motivates the body to incorporate both defensive and defensive reactions,
- Muscle reduction follows muscular tone. rhythmic movements, elevated body temperature, hip-to-shoulder movements. In addition, the postural muscles are strengthened
- transfer of sensory stimulation
- neurological motion disfunctions of different etiology,
- developmental disorder,
- disturbances of sensory integration,
- equilibrium disorder and motion coordination.
Absolute contraindications :
- very large spasticity unabling bestriding
- no head and neck control,
- spinal vertebrae with pain-all kinds,
- inflammatory conditions in the bone-joint system,
- big twins,
- instability of the pivotal joint,
- strong fear,
- severe epilepsy,
- congenital bone fragility.
Relative contraindications :
- hip endoprosthesis,
- subluxation and dislocation of the hip,
- imbalance in sitting position,
- continuation of skull bones.
Hipotherapy is available in our centers from May to September.
Cynotherapy is the most natural way to introduce difficult, sometimes painstaking exercises that support physical rehabilitation with appropriately selected and prepared dogs. Children do not like to perform “dry” gestures, behind which nothing is hidden. Dogs can exercise naturally and at the same time it triggers feelings.
It is a cold-air therapy with inflatable velocity-regulated jet streams.
Cynotherapy is the most natural way to introduce difficult, sometimes painstaking exercises that support physical rehabilitation with appropriately selected and prepared dogs. Children do not like to perform “dry” gestures, behind which nothing is hidden. Dogs can exercise naturally and at the same time it triggers feelings.
Dog Therapy is a set of exercises designed for a specific rehabilitation goal. It is characterized by an individual approach to each patient, his or her ability and needs.
General dog training courses favors the following:
– a positive emotion of the child – positive mental state is the basis of convalescence
– release of spontaneous activity
– fix mobility
normalization of surface and proprioceptive sensation
– the awareness of one’s own body
– normalization of muscle tone
– multifaceted influence on the senses (sight, smell, hearing, touch)
– focus attention
– enriching the vocabulary of passive and active vocabulary
– feeling of self-control (self-issuing dog’s command)
– relaxation and silence
– they are motivated to take action
– give a sense of security and acceptance – the dog does not judge, is a friend
EARLY INTERVENTION FOR TODDLERS